Breakfast at Marissa's

Monday, December 04, 2006

It's Beginning to Feel a lot like Christmas

December 4th!! Less than three weeks to Christmas!! If you can’t tell I am in a slightly better mood than my last entry, which was this past Friday (before I went home). Well, Friday totally sucked and I almost didn’t get to go home, but then I just decided to drive home by myself instead of waiting for Twila so I could have more than six hours at home. Instead I stayed until Sunday! Yea! I had a fabulous weekend filled with Christmas! And that, that makes me happy! So, this was my Christmasy filled weekend that put me into a glorious mood!

I pulled into my driveway Friday night around 10:40 and began to smile as I saw the lights my dad had put up on the house and garage. It’s been SO long since we’ve had Christmas lights up, because we didn’t want to ruin our “new” siding, which is actually about five years old. But my dad worked around the siding and our house is Christmasy again! YEA!! Then I walked into my house and saw our big tree all lit up and it felt like Christmas…for the first time this year!

Saturday I woke up to go run errands with mom. We picked up a bunch of Christmas things to decorate our truck with for the Christmas Parade. My parents had to be in it for Academic Boosters, so I decided to ride in the back of the truck with my mom and throw candy. It was actually fun. We had wreaths and decorative tinsel strings on the truck and mom and I wore reindeer ears as we threw the candy. Very Christmasy. Then I helped mom decorate our front porch with an abundance of random things that she has been collecting over the years. We sure stuffed a lot of stuff out there. I regret that I can not be home to finish helping her decorate the rest of the house..but she is saving us the other tree to decorate the day we get back from school. Thanks mom!

Sunday I left home around 11:30, got to Miami around 3:30 and Katherine and I went to a Corridor Christmas Party. It was SUCH a surprise. Our RA wrote to all of our parents and asked them to send us a gift with a memory of one of our past Christmas’s. It was soo sweet…mom wrote a lot of hints in our memory so that we would be able to know it was our present when the other girls read them. After most memories no one knew whose it was because it was so broad, but because of mom’s 10 thousand hints I could tell it was my memory after the very fist line. Lol. Thanks mom..you’re too cute. And my present was glorious! It was the complete works by Jane Austen. Mom is trying to get that Book Collection of mine started. Lol. After the Christmas Party Katherine and I spent about two hours (maybe I’m exaggerating) decorating our room. We put up our little fiber-optic Christmas tree, white Christmas lights all the way around the room, red tinsel streamers on the outside door and around the TV, and paper snowflakes on the door. P.S. I SUCK at making snowflakes! I am incapable of it!

So, although I went to bed feeling completely bombarded with the thoughts of how far behind I am in all of my classes/hw because of my lovely procrastination skills, I went to bed feeling Christmasy. Then I woke up this morning to an array of Christmas lights and very cold weather and snow flurries!! Finally! A form of snow! Now all we need are inches! I LOVE Christmas and just the simple fact that there are less than three weeks till Christmas and that it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas is enough to make me calm down about finals and enjoy the my glorious surroundings. Thank you Christmas!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Woo Hoo for Christmas!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, lack of outside Xmas lights over the years had nothing to do with 'new siding' - it was just my bah humbug outlook and too lazy to get it done each year until too cold...

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Marissa said…

    lol. ok. sorry dad. but isn't that the reason we don't put lights on the house? is the siding?

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Double woo hoo! I was worried when you left because I know you were so down in the dumps, even after a nice weekend. Thank you for the great blog and now I can rest easily knowing you and sis are FINALLY kicking into gear and are getting into the Christmas mode. Yeh for you. So glad you liked the book. It sang your name as I walked by it. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home