Breakfast at Marissa's

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Fit of Randomness

I stayed up till 3:00 am on Sunday “night” watching Ben Hur for my Antiquity class. (It’s a long boring movie) I stayed up till 3:00 am on Monday “night” memorizing 35 new Greek terms along with the oh…90 I already have and studying for a Greek exam. Not to mention the 7 ½ page paper that I finished. I stayed up till 4:00 am on Tuesday “night” studying yet again for that Greek test, then woke up at 8:30 to study for an hour and a half, and then studied again from 11-2. I thought I would do terribly! But as it turns out I walked out of that classroom feeling relatively good about it. And as much as I HATE studying…I’m just glad that all that information decided to stay in my head. Needless to say- Mom and Dad all that money you are spending (although I’m paying you back for a good chunk) on my college education isn’t being wasted. I am working hard and studying myself crazy and trying to get A’s. Trying…

Every day for the past week now I have been craving my grandmother’s stuffing and baked apples. Actually I’m pretty much craving all those thanksgiving dishes..except Cranberry Sauce..never got into that…But here are my top five favorite things from my family’s’ thanksgiving feast.
1. turkey
2. stuffing
3. pumpkin pie
4. Aunt Mary’s sugar cookies
5. baked apples


I am pretty much done with anything hard in school until I come back from break. I have two tests that await me and that I might have to study for over break…but other than those it’s just homework from here until November 21st. YEA!!!

I like working out. I mean…I never want to actually go to the Rec and everyday I’m amazed that I actually get myself to leave the comfort of my dorm room (even though it’s actually freezing in here) and go. And although sometimes it’s a lot of work and I get really sweaty (gross I know..) I LOVE the way I feel afterwards! And more importantly, I LOVE seeing results! I’m trying to get as skinny as I can before Thanksgiving. That way I can eat my weight in food and not feel that bad about it. And I know that as soon as I get back to Miami it’s more Rec time.

I saw this really adorably cute black strapless dress (http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=15292&pid=435893&scid=435893012) that hangs a little below the knee on the Old Navy Website that would be sooo perfect with my purple sequenced sweater for Christmas. Is it ridiculous that I still want a new outfit for Christmas each year…that is so elementary schoolish of me but..oh well..it’s pretty and me want. Not to mention it’s on sale for $20.00!! It was meant to be!

If you know me at all you know that I love to read. Every birthday and Christmas I ask for new books even though I haven’t finished reading all the ones I got the previous year. Well I don’t see why this Christmas should be any different. Although I never have time to read during the school year I can get two done over Christmas Break and at least 6 over the summer…at least. But I have a mental list of every book I want to read. Basically ALL the “classics” (Catcher in the Rye, Tale of Two Cities, Scarlet Letter..etc) and a lot more that I’ve heard about that sound good (Angels and Demons to name one). Seriously..I want to eventually own a copy of every single book I’ve ever read or plan to read. I want to have a huge library! With those sliding ladders and a spiral staircase leading up to a balcony where I can read by a fireplace. (Hey..a girl can dream right..)

I don’t understand boys. Period.

I want my hair cut so bad!! I’ve been letting it grow out so that I can get 10 inches cut off and donate it to Locks of Love. Well, I really, really hope that it’s long enough because I HATE it when it’s this long. I have no layers and it doesn’t do anything for the shape of my face…plus it takes a ridiculous about of time to blow dry and straighten it and it’s too long to scrunch. Sigh…I figure I’ll just wait until Christmas Break. But I’ll make my appointment right when I get home. I need a change..so I can’t wait for short hair. Time to be daring!

I hope life it’s one big joke because I don’t get it! ~ Jack Handey

4 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Yeah, I am verymuchso looking forward to Thanksgiving break. Even though, unlike you, I will have tons to work on. Two big papers due when I get back, a group project, a portfolio, and the list goes on and on. I wish I could say I'm being as productive as you, but we all know my mind has been on other things recently.

    After careful consideration I think the Thanksgiving food I am most looking forward to is the stuffing. Mmm...it is the best. I really just can't wait for everything; playing games at grandma and grandpa's, hanging out with my friends, even working at Broken Rocks. You know you really need a pick up when you look forward to working during your break...

    Wow. This was really long. I think I'll end it now before I start talking about how much I need to go to the rec, but I can't actually get myself to do it.

    Love you, sibby!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Marissa said…

    Yeah..I know what you mean..I'm a pretty cool person these days..being productive..going to the rec every day..ha ha

    But seriously..I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THIS TUESDAY!!! FOUR MORES DAYS!!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After listening to (reading, actually..) you two, I'm thinking maybe the most enjoyable thing to do at Thanksgiving is to sit with you two when you eat.... :<) won't be long now!

    Love, Dad

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Catcher in the Rye"? One of the only books that I actually read all the way through when I was in school. My mom got me that one last year for Christmas. I might have to re-read that one. Thanks for reminding me about it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home