Breakfast at Marissa's

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fall Season

I stepped outside last night and immediately felt the wind and chill of the night air. I started to walk to my destination. I could hear the leaves crunching under my feet and see all the trees that I know will be a beautiful spectacle of colors in a months’ time. All I could do was smile! : )

When asked what my favorite season is I usually don’t have an answer. Partly because I’m so indecisive that I can’t even make up my mind on something as simple as what I want for dinner and partly because I have a special place in my heart for every season. I love when the seasons start to change to. I love spring because the weather is getting warmer and flowers are starting to bloom. I love summer because I’m sort of a summer girl, I like getting tan too. Plus, summer means no school and I’m home in Loudonville. I love winter because snow is pretty much the most beautiful thing in the entire world (besides the sky) and it’s fun to play in and Christmas comes in winter. And lastly, I love fall because it’s the perfect weather ..just jeans and a sweatshirt or light jacket. The leaves are beautiful and falling and of course my main point! It’s fair season!!!

For those of you who are from Loudonville you know what I’m talking about. It’s become a holiday to us. Fall = Fair. The rides, the displays, the animals, the FOOD! Oh..the glorious food. Seeing my friends, bringing new ones to enjoy in the experience (Mallory), and my family! The Henley menu! The fair food is wonderful don’t get me wrong but there is nothing like going up to my grandma’s house to look through her annual fair menu and deciding on a Sloppy Joe and vegetable soup. To me, it’s become a part of my Fair experience. It’s not only the menu though. It’s visiting with all the relatives and playing games too.

Yes, I am definitely ready for fall. I am SO excited about fair! It’s only a week away. This Friday Katherine, me, and Mallory will be heading off to Loudonville to enjoy in the Fair Holiday. Mallory doesn’t even understand how great this is. Boy is she in for a treat!! So, yea for the fall season…because it brings us the Loudonville Fair!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home