Breakfast at Marissa's

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stay Tuned

Sorry I don’t write on this thing very often. Usually the only thing I have to write about is what is going on in my life. You know…what I did over the weekend, or something new about me, or what I’m doing in classes and what not. But how boring is that! Who wants to read stuff like that? Unless you actually do care in which..that is very nice of you! So, since that option is out I usually just wait around until I come across some brilliant, clever, idea for a post and go to work (although it never comes out as clever as I would have hoped it to). : (

So many people are just desperate to write so often in blogs/xangas/insert random online journal here that they come up with the most boring or bizarre thing to write about. (I'm not talking about anybody specifically) Some even opt for the oh so easy survey (no offense Katherine- I’ve done it before too). Don't get me wrong..I've done it all. But I like to shy away from all these things. Which brings me back to finding that deep, sharp, witty repartee to a thought. But alas, no such thought exists.

So, I am reduced to racking my brain for other inventive ways to write an entry. But it has to be special. It has to be unique I tell myself as I shoot down every half- baked idea that comes across. How about a story? A poem? A joke? An in-depth political debate? No, no, no, no. The truth is that I’m just not good at this whole blog/xanga/insert random online journal here thing.

To the few generous and bored people who read this thing keep in mind that I try. Sometimes I come up with something that is actually interesting to read. Something that makes you feel like you didn’t just waste five minutes of your already busy day to surf my site and read my thoughts. But other days I just come up with ridiculous stuff that I know is a waste of time even while I’m writing it, like this for example. Well, I will make the next entry better I promise. I think I did a fairly decent job last year with this thing and I’d like to keep the ratings up my second season. So, stay tuned and don’t give up on me just yet. Just deal with the ridiculous things, hope for the better things, and remember that you love me. : )

1 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Hm...after that last entry I'd say you're border line- cutting room floor...but because I love you I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home