Breakfast at Marissa's

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Marissa

You know what I’ve always wanted. I’ve always wanted a song with my name in it or as the title or something. There are so many songs that have girls names in the titles. I think it would be so cool to have someone think of me whenever they hear that song or sing me the song when they are with me. Assuming people would do this…

I mean why couldn’t I have been named Jolene, Rita, Jeanie, Ophelia, Eleanor, Madonna, Penny, Pam, Lucy, Lola, Mary Jane, Suzy, Amy, Anna, Prudence, Martha, Julia, Sadie, Alison, Barbara Ann, Rhonda, Lily, Angie, Ruby, Michelle, Cecilla, etc. (if you didn’t get it by now..there are songs with all those girl names in the title- and there’s more where that came from too) Although...my song would have to be happy..and some of those aren't. (i.e. Eleanor Rigby)

Well..I guess I’m glad any of those aren’t my name because frankly I don’t like any of them. (sorry to offend anyone..especially Damy ..you know I love you!) I just really really like my name. It's pretty. And I'm not just being conceited or anything. If Marissa wasn't my name I'd name my future daughter Marissa. I would now but I don't want to be one of those people that names their children after themselves. And..It’s also unique. Well..up until a few years ago that is. It’s becoming more popular now I thought I was special …but now with the ever so popular show The O.C. it’s more well known. You don’t know how many times I have heard my name..whether it’s my waitress at the Olive Garden, a city in Greece, or a little girl at the Zoo. It’s everywhere!

But enough about that! I just want somebody to put my name in their song. Come on…
I know nothing rhymes with Marissa…but it would be such a sweet song!...like..a song titled Marissa. Lol. That would make me happy. And whoever writes this song I will be forever grateful and probably worship you for the rest of my life. Any takers??

2 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Um, hello? What about Katherine? There are NO songs with Katherine in the title...and you CANNOT count Kate or Katie or something because it's just NOT the same.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Jimmy said…

    Tell ya what... once I get good at banjo, I'll write you a Marissa song. Sounds reasonable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home