Breakfast at Marissa's

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ah...memories

I was randomly watching some music videos on Yahoo because I was bored and procrastinating on a paper and I just started to randomly look for these fairly old school songs that at one point in time I either really liked or was obsessed with. When I say fairly old school I’m talking Junior High days when everyone actually watched TRL. I listened to a few of them and remembered when I liked them and laughed about my once ridiculous taste in music. Well..I am happy to say that my taste in music has improved immensely, but I am sorry to say that if I were to hear these songs I just might, (key word “might”) dance and sing along. You know…for old time’s sake. So, although I am rather embarrassed to admit that I liked these songs here is my list of the top nine most ridiculous ones I remember. (in no particular order)

1. It Wasn’t Me- Shaggy: Wow..I was in 8th grade when this song came out. My favorite memory of it is in 8th Grade Home Ec class when I sat by Trevor Scott at the sewing machines and he used to sing this song all the time. But who was I to object..I totally had a crush on him and I liked the song.. apparently I liked it so much I bought the cd..and yes folks I still have it. So if ever you have a bizarre craving to hear it just give me a shout out. (p.s. isn't it weird that I liked a song about sex when I didn't even fully know what sex was..)

2. Peaches N’ Cream- 112: I can not tell you what I particularly liked about this song except that I thought it had a “good beat”. Did I know that peaches n’ cream meant sex? Maybe…honestly I don’t remember…but still..for some reason...

3. Hit Me Baby One More Time- Britney Spears: Can you really hold this one against me? Come on..I mean she was only the most popular teen idol of my generation. Boy..is that sad or what! Anywhen..my favorite memory of this song is my 6th grade birthday party where we had a “talent show” and me and Bri Hansen did a “dance” and sang to this song. We were soooo cool let me tell you.

4. Heartbreaker- Mariah Carey: I don’t remember when this song came out or how old I was but for some reason I really liked it. I mean if ever I was in the shower this is the song I’d sing. Me, Lauren, Twila, and Katherine went through this phase where we’d make up dances to songs. Bewitched Ce La Vie, Alison Krauss When You say Nothing at All, Build Me Up Buttercup..just to name a few. Anywhen my favorite memory of this song is when TJ, Me, and K tried to make up a dance to this one. I don’t think we got very far…

5. Ignition- R. Kelly: This is maybe one of my most regrettable ones! No Joke! Weird story…so I sort of liked this song..I mean..I thought it was ok. And then..the summer after my freshman year I was at Brandon Gardner’s bonfire and Josh Mott was there..and I totally liked him! (that's a whole other story) Well, he was playing random songs and trying to get some of the girls to dance with him. And I was like..I don’t grind..sorry. And everyone was like..why not..what if you had a good song..So Josh played this song and he started dancing to it..and even ran his fingers through his hair at the “runnin’ my hands through my fro” part. Needless to say I didn’t dance. But every time I heard that song from then on I thought of Josh..which is maybe why I started to like it more..because he did. (although last summer this song was played and the first thing he said was "oh i hate this song"..hmm) Well..now I still think of him when I hear it..and it just may have haunted me for the rest of my life. BIZARRE STORY I KNOW!!!

6. Bump, Bump, Bump- B2K: Well, I guess I just liked this song because I liked the video. I LOVE guys that can dance. And B2K had dance moves in this video, so I loved watching it. Also P. Diddy was in this video and I went through a phase (a tiny one..) where I thought he was hot. Well..I specifically remembering downloading this video on Kazaa Lite and watching it over and over again just to watch these boys dance. Teenagers...(she says as she shakes her head disapprovingly)

7. E.I.- Nelly: I think this was maybe TJ’s influence on me because she used to LOVE Nelly and I think she still does…anywhen..this was my favorite Nelly song..I know all the words still. Maybe I thought this song really spoke to me. I mean who can’t relate to the lyrics and overall message?

We can gamble to tha break of dawn ...niggaMoney long...niggaPass up tha skirt to talk to tha thong...niggaSome say I'm wrong fuck it I'm grown.....niggaIf you aint bout money then best be gone...niggaI'm flashy (uh) double takes when you walk past meNasty, don't be scared boo, go 'head and ask meI drive fastly, call me Jeff Gordonin a black SS wit a navagationSee tha joint blazin, somethin smells amazinI gotta chick rollin up half black and asianAnother one pagin' tellin me to come ovaHer husband on vacation and left her home aloneI used tha v-12 powers, weight loss powersFrom Phat Farm to Iceberg Slim in one showerGet a room in trump towers just to hit for 3 hoursGet the bitch up out the room cuz she used the word ours

8. Just the Two of Us- Will Smith: Alrighty..I have no excuse for liking this song. I didn’t even know that it was a remix at the time..and I can’t even explain it..but I still know ALL of the words..better than I know E.I. Also, I actually have this song on my computer as we speak..the only one from this list. So…wow…

9. I’m Real Remix- J. Lo featuring Ja Rule: I saved the best for last. If ever there was any one person truly obsessed with a song it was ME when this song came out!! I remember being really truly disappointed when it didn’t make the Retired List on TRL. For some reason I LOVED this song. I guess it was because of the tune or something and the fact that Jennifer Lopez is gorgeous! I mean..what young girl wouldn’t want to look like her when they get older? Anywhen..I just listened to this song today and yes..I am a little sad to say that I sang a long and bopped my head to it the whole time.

Well…whatcha gonna do?? (If you read all of this you must either really care about me or be really bored..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home