Breakfast at Marissa's

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Think I'll Miss You

Well, I take my last final in five hours. I’ll be on the road in about nine. And I won’t be back to school in Oxford until January 2008- which is 8 months away. It’s so hard to believe. It seems so far away. I think last year I wouldn’t have even cared. In fact, I would have been really happy about it. But this year I’m sort of sad. Don’t get me wrong…I am really, really, really excited about going to Greece in the fall. But I had such a better time here at Miami my sophomore year than I did my freshman year. I finally made friends, I finally actually felt like I belonged, and I got more involved with the people and events of the theatre department. And considering how depressed I was first semester everything came together second semester and I’m truly sad about leaving this time. Here are things I’m really, really going to miss!!

1. Mandy and Susan!!!!- I finally made some great friends here! I love you guys! Hopefully I’ll get to make some trips to see you this summer though.
2. peanut butter and jelly sandwiches- not even kidding…I don’t know what it is about them but this campus makes the best pb & j ‘s I’ve ever had. I basically lived off of them this year
3. the Rec- Sure I’m going to run over the summer to stay in shape, but oh my…having a rec right across the street from you is perfect! And that abs, glutes, and thighs class is amazing!
4. Haines Food Court grilled cheese sandwiches- once again- the BEST I’ve ever had. Wheat bread…extra cheese…goodness!!
5. Hiestand- I spent many, many long nights in this building, specifically the design studio, with some great people. Sure, sometimes it sucked and sure the ceilings leak, and sure it’s not technically the “Theatre building” (because ours is being renovated), but still I will miss it until Jan.


I guess 8 months isn’t that long. But still…I think I’ll be happy to be coming back to Miami, even after spending three months in Greece. haha. But it’s still a while away, and first there’s summer…and with summer comes some things that I have to look forward to! Here’s a few of them.

1. Wicked the Musical
2. Bob Dylan Concert
3. Visit Mandy in Maine
4. Put In Bay
5. Christian and Kate’s Wedding
6. 7th Harry Potter Book
7. 5th Harry Potter Movie
8. Icky Thump by the White Stripes


I’ll miss you Miami. But my god am I glad to be going home today for 4 ½ months of summer! : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home