Breakfast at Marissa's

Monday, April 30, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Sorry I’ve been sort of MIA lately. With 20 credit hours I just started to get really, really busy for the past two and a half weeks or so. Honestly, I would say that this has been my hardest/busiest semester. More so busiest- nothing in college has really been that hard. Just really time consuming-which explains my sudden drop of the face of the earth- for some people that is. Unless you’ve been online anywhere between 2-8 am every day or are in the Theatre Department with me here than I probably haven’t talked to you in a while. So, let me catch you up with some things I’ve been up to…

PAPERS- This semester I had to write 14 papers with a total of 55 pages- 8 of these were due sometime in the past two and a half weeks. This includes two 8 pagers, four 5 pagers, and two three pagers. Two were due this past Friday- for the same class.

Random Thought: I just got some pictures of my baby cousin Sophia. She is hands down one of the most beautiful baby girls I’ve ever seen. Granted I do have another new baby girl cousin, Adriana and she's also very pretty (my mom told me that she reminds her of me when I was a baby so you know that's true. haha) but I do not have any pictures of her. Sorry.

ALL NIGHTERS- Because of these papers, and all my other homework, and my design projects I have pulled at least three all nighters a week. Sometimes more. And the nights I didn’t pull all nighters I was only getting about five hours of sleep. My sleeping habits are soooo messed up right now.

Random Thought: It’s amazing how many people think that
monkey is spelled “monkies” plural with “ies” instead of the correct way “monkeys” with an “eys”. I’m proud to say I’ve never been confused. haha

DESIGN PROJECT- This past week I have spent around 40 hours in the studio working on my final design scale models. Yesterday I got there around 2:00 in the afternoon and stayed until 7:30 am only leaving once I might add. Only to come back and sleep for two hours and go right back to spend another five hours until it was due. Let’s just say I’ve had enough painting to last me a while.

Random Thought: I was so unmotivated one night while writing a paper that I actually made a
paper crane. Surprisingly it took a while to make- lots of folds, but impressive finished project. Sherman is currently sitting on my desk shelf. I would highly suggest making one if you’re bored.

THEATRE FUN- This past week was my Theatre Department banquet, Mutsys (where we all get together at someone’s house and the Seniors put on skits and give out silly awards), and annual party. All were pretty great actually. The party theme was F*ed Up In Fairytale Land. Me, Susan, and Katherine went as fairies. It was so much fun and we looked really good : )

Random Thought: Two finals down, four to go. Mom and Dad will be here on Friday morning and then I am out of here and not coming back till January. Crazyiness!

Well, as you can see I’ve been a busy little bee or beaver…I don’t really remember what the saying is. Or if that even is a saying or something I just made up. Either way, you get the gist: I’m busy, I get no sleep, finals suck, summer’s almost here!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Katherine said…

    Random thought: It's amazing how many people think craziness is spelled crazyiness. I'm glad I've never been confused. Heehee. Love you, sibby! We're almost home!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Marissa said…

    it's not like i actually think it's spelled crazyiness. It's a typo. big difference. besides you were actually one of the people who thought monkeys was spelled monkies. so shut it. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home